(Zaragoza. Wednesday, October 4, 2023). The V International Congress ‘Historical Recreation and Experimental Archeology’ will take place on October 13, 14 and 15 in Caspe (Zaragoza), in person and online.
This is the only congress on historical recreation for the purposes of research and dissemination of historical and heritage knowledge of our country. The last registrations are currently being collected.
The conference is aimed at all academics, doctoral students, students, researchers, teachers, museum educators, historical reenactors, archaeologists and social scientists (with or without ORCID). The congress has official certification from the UZ and 1 ECTS for students of this university.
The congress is organized by the University of Zaragoza, the Caspe City Council, the Research Group of the Government of Aragon ARGOS, the Department of Specific Didactics Unizar and the University Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences of Aragon (IUCA).
It will take place on October 13, 14 and 15 in Caspe (Zaragoza), in person and online.
Scientific and organizing committee:
– Jordi Tresserras (ICOMOS/University of Barcelona)
– Pilar Rivero (University of Zaragoza)
– F. Xavier Hernández (University of Barcelona)
– Fernando Quesada (Autonomous University of Madrid)
– Rafael Zurita (University of Alicante)
– Vanessa Agnew (Universität Dortmund)
–Alexander Cook (Australian National University)
– Juan Francisco Jiménez Alcázar (University of Murcia)
– Darío Español-Solana (University of Zaragoza)
– Jesús Gerardo Franco Calvo (University of Zaragoza)
– Miguel Ángel Pallarés Rodríguez (University of Zaragoza)
Table I. Historical recreation and History Teaching
Table II. Recreation and historical method: sources to reconstruct the past.
Table III. Experiment to understand: Historical reenactment and experimental archeology
Table IV. Recreation, dissemination and alternative disciplines
Registrations and communication proposals to:
Online registration costs €50. In-person registration is free.