Formed in 1988, the GEOT has since 2003 been recognized as a research group by the Department of Science, Technology and University of the Government of Aragon.
It has been attached to the University Institute of Research into Environmental Sciences of Aragon (Instituto Universitario de Investigación en Ciencias Ambientales de Aragón) since the latter’s creation, in the field of Territory.
Since 2017, the whole of the Study Group for Territorial Development (Grupo de Estudios de Desarrollo Territorial, GEDETUZ) has been incorporated, fostering practical and innovatory solutions in fields such as population, endogenous resources, quality of life, the territorial analysis of socioeconomic activities, environmental characteristics, urban development, the rural environment, public health, development aid, and the study of infrastructures and facilities.
The Study Group for Spatial Planning (GEOT) seeks the following:
- To reinforce the culture of innovation in the region and present solutions in accordance with the priorities delineated by the Aragonese Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization (RIS3 Aragon) in sectors and fields of activity associated with welfare, quality of life, transport, health, information technologies and communication
- To investigate and innovate with a view to meeting other challenges indicated by RIS3, such as local development, health in old age, services, health and care requirements
Lines of investigation
The work group is developing a broad range of applied research activity in very diverse thematic fields and at different territorial scales.
Its projects are linked to spatial, social and health planning and analysis, transport infrastructures, public facilities, to the problems of unsustainability and social, economic and environmental segregation associated with recent models of urban expansion, the ageing population, quality of life, creative activities and alternative economic practices.
Intensive use is made of mathematical models of spatial analysis and tools such as geographical information systems, health information systems, and thematic cartography.
- YouthMetre: a tool for forward-looking youth participation
- SE CANTO / Senda Europea de Cooperación, ayuda y normalización entre territorios de oportunidades (European Path of Cooperation, Aid and Standardization of Opportunities between Territories) (NE Toulouse and Comarca de los Monegros.) (EFA 138/16)
- GESOSIGEPOC-ASMA. Integration of mapping and spatial perspective tools in the health information systems of the Aragonese Health Service: design and application to the pilot study of the prevalence of COPD and asthma in the Autonomous Region of Aragon
- CSO2015-64292-R: DIGITALIZATION OF THE DOCUMENTARY HERITAGE IN SPAIN: PROSPECTION AND METHODOLOGICAL PROPOSAL FOR FACILITATING ACCESS TO AND THE USE OF ORPHAN WORKS
HAR2015-68032-P: THE CELTIBERIAN RANGE AND SEGEDA, HISTORICAL HERITAGE AS DRIVING RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- CSO2016-74888-C4-3-R: MULTISCALE INDICATORS AND MAPPING TOOLS FOR THE ANALYSIS OF SOCIOECONOMIC AND RESIDENTIAL VULNERABILITY IN URBAN AREAS: APPLICATION TO THE CASE OF ZARAGOZA
Noteworthy, moreover, is the development of the educational and training capacity of the group, as exemplified by the active supervision or co-supervision of some ten PhD or master’s theses.
It should also be added that the group has completed the training of more than 30 individuals of well-established professional status within the projects it has supervised.
- Territorial modelling of urban spaces in order to visualize, analyse and assess changes in living conditions, temporal use of territory, and the supply-demand relationship of facilities and services
- Construction of a multiscale system of indicators allowing territorial analysis of urban space, contextualized within the spatial realm that conditions it. Such a system operates at scales ranging from general (regional and metropolitan) to high-detail (mesh, section, block, front door, household and floor of the building in 3D)
- Integration of mapping and spatial perspective tools in the health information systems of the Aragonese Health Service
- Analysis of economic activities and multiscale and multitemporal variations for a study of the positioning and interterritorial competitiveness of cities
- Elaboration of optimization models with emphasis on improving services to the population
Noticias del Grupo
- (Zaragoza. Saturday, September 30, 2023). Last Friday, September 29, 2023, the people of Aragon were able to enjoy more than 70 scientific activities at the European Night of Researchers, thanks to the collaboration of 190 researchers from the University of Zaragoza, who brought together experiments, games, talks , walks, coffees and scientific monologues in the […].
- (Zaragoza, Tuesday, June 28, 2022). The University of Zaragoza always shows its commitment to defend respect, equality and non-discrimination. Coinciding with International Pride Day, the Vice-Rector for Students and Employment, Ángela Alcalá, and the main researcher of the Territory Planning Study Group of the University of Zaragoza, Ángel Pueyo, have presented the World Atlas of […].
Ángel Pueyo and Rafael de Miguel participate together with other experts in a meeting on the construction of the new Romareda(Zaragoza. Thursday, May 19, 2022). Last Wednesday, May 18, the municipal groups held a meeting with researchers from the University of Zaragoza and the San Jorge University to continue outlining the pros and cons of the two construction possibilities for the new Romareda stadium that are proposed in this moment: build the soccer field in […].
- (Zaragoza. Monday, May 9, 2022). The Professor of Didactics of Geography at the Faculty of Education, Rafael de Miguel González, has been re-elected for a second term as President of the European Society of Geography (EUROGEO), at the Congress held in Mytilene (Greece), at the University of the Aegean, last May 5 and 6. His […].
|DGA GROUP REFERENCE:||H07_23R|
|YEAR OF CREATION:||1988|
|NUMBER OF THESES SUPERVISED (2022):||25|
|NUMBER OF PUBLICATIONS (2022):||180|
- ESCOLANO UTRILLA, S.
- HERNÁNDEZ NAVARRO, M.L.
- LACOSTA ARAGÜES, A.J.
- LARDIÉS BOSQUE, R.
- POSTIGO VIDAL, R.
- RABANAQUE HERNÁNDEZ, I.
- RUBIO TERRADO, P.
- SALVADOR OLIVÁN, J.A.
- ZÚÑIGA ANTÓN, M.
- COBARRUBIAS BAGLIETTO, S.
- VALDIVIELSO PARDOS, S.
- ESTEBAN RODRÍGUEZ, S.
- KRATOCHVIL, O.
- LÓPEZ ESCOLANO, C.
- ESCALONA ORCAO, A.I.
- PUEYO CAMPOS, A.
- LÓPEZ ESCOLANO, C.